Starting the Digital transformation journey
Provide 24/7/365 access to key information to your customers, tenants, residents and stakeholders
Digital transformation is an organisational journey of transition across from traditional communication channels to a completely integrated and seamless digital solutions. The benefits are huge - for both the organisation and their customers. Online customer portals play a huge part in delivering first-class, modern customer experiences.
• Huge operational cost savings in dealing with customers
• Speed of response / resolution
• Improved brand image (embracing modern channels)
• Availability – offering citizens the ability to engage 24/7 from anywhere
• Improved processes from streamlined internal workflows
• Interact securely with customers
• Decreased cost per interaction
• Accessibility – anytime, anyplace, anywhere
• Speed of request response
• Simplicity – use their preferred channel
• Improved customer service
• Use preferred channel of contact
• Contact with organisation at a time/place to suit the customer
Quickly access key information
Customer Portals provide the interface to set up digital accounts to enable users to access key information including billing and service delivery processes, on an ongoing basis. A variety of different digital portals can be set up for different user groups and configured depending on the requirements of each specific user type. Each Digital Customer Portal can be branded in a bespoke manner in line with the organisation or department in question, enabling it to appear like a seamless extension of existing digital channels (such as a website) and can include social media integrations. Examples of different digital portals include:
- Customer Portal
- Member’s Portal
- Business Portal
- Citizen My Account
- Landlord’s Portal
- Tenant’s Portal
- Licensing Portal
- Commercial Waste Portal
- Partner Portal
Simple and Secure
Meritec’s Digital Portals can support 1.5 (password and PIN) or 2 factor authentication which provides secure login and account management. Due to Meritec’s focus on building software solutions on its own low-code digital platform, the Digital Portals can integrate seamlessly with other third-party systems and pull information from a variety of back-office systems.
Single Sign On (SSO) functionality also enables users to switch seamlessly between different portals and view the relevant data or process updates from that specific portal. All portals are also configured to automatically pre-fill as much information as possible to make the user experience as simple as possible.
Streamlining user requests
Digital Portals provide a robust and vital interface to streamline the handling of a wide range of user requests such as member’s enquiries, business invoice and billing, Citizen self-service or Partner collaboration. The Local Authorities or Housing Association’s view of the system allows them to clearly to view key information and key stage process information which can be configured to include simple traffic light systems to highlight case prioritisation or escalation.
• Enable interaction with any number of customers or partners
• Include customers & partners in your workflow
• Allow Digital consultation with partners & customers
• Fully hosted & supported – nothing to install
• Customise workflow and case management to your requirements
• Available 24/7 from any web-enabled device anywhere
• Reduce more costly telephone and face-to-face contacts
• Reduce postage costs with e-billing access to electronic invoices and contracts
• Customise interface with your corporate branding
• Enable true Digital Transformation
• Readily integrates with existing website
• Fully (UK) hosted SaaS custom web portals
• Integrations to key data-sources & 3rd party systems
• Secure login and account management
• Case management facility
• Document and invoice access
• Digital Platform integration
• Mobile friendly / responsive design
• Consultation facilities
• Secure web access 24/7 from any device
• Integration to a wide range of back-office systems to deliver a joined up view of disparate services data
Keep doing what you are doing! Great team, great approach - approachable, professional and technically capable. Nothing is too much trouble. Looking forward to what we can achieve with the new platform as we progress into phase two.
Digital Transformation Manager,
The Meritec Digital Platform provides a range of reporting and data mining methods for analysing the data within the system for insight and knowledge. The system can integrate with other management information sources based on unique referencing/common key e.g. address and name.
The Council has been able to terminate one or more cost streams by migrating to a more modern and cost-effective solution that enables true digital working and provides the facility to extend the digital experience as far and wide as the Council chooses.
Business Manager - Customer Services
Newark & Sherwood District Council
Working very closely with Meritec helped us to implement an effective digital workflow to streamline and simplify our Waste Management processes. Introducing ESB has saved us significant time and effort, and we now have a platform to continue to build and improve our services going forward.
Business Manager: Waste, Litter and Recycling,
Newark and Sherwood District Council
We recognised the importance of partnering with a supplier such as Meritec, who shares our customer centric values and uses technology to push boundaries, creating digital experiences not typical of a housing provider.
Head of CX & Service Improvement
Meritec’s FOI module provides a user friendly platform for managing requests for information including those made under GDPPR/Data Protection legislation as well as the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations. The support offered by Meritec during the development and implementation stage allowed us to go live well within our original deadline, and the ongoing support since that time has been excellent.
Information Governance Officer
Newark & Sherwood Council
Our latest insights
Back in 2019, before the words "pandemic", "vaccine" and "lockdown" were at the forefront of everyone's mind, Meritec won a contract with Derbyshire Dales District Council to help them deliver on their ambitious Digital Transformation aspirations. This was to be achieved by leveraging Meritec’s own unique Digital Platform and associated pre-built solutions.
After being awarded the contract, the Council highlighted that Meritec's experience in delivering similar complex projects (using our range of Digital Solutions), our friendly & easy to work with team, plus our proven partnership approach were key factors in their decision to award Meritec the contract.
In this article, Haydn Howard puts some questions to Caryl James of Richmondshire District Council about enhancing the customer experience through transforming online services. Haydn asks Caryl 'What was your key driver for delivering an entirely new customer focused website?', 'How have been your experiences of working with Meritec?' and much more.....
Ready to start your digital transformation?
Take the first step and arrange an initial chat and demo to explore how Meritec’s Digital Portals could help enhance your organisations digital transformation - and all the benefits that brings for your organisation, your customers, your staff and your brand reputation. Request a call back to get started.