We regard Project Management as the discipline of bringing about controlled change. Given the rapid rate of change and its associated degree of complexity, most progressive organisations are now viewing Project Management as a strategic management tool for the delivery of change at the enterprise level. This view is fully supported by concepts and initiatives such as best value, business excellence and continuous improvement.
Local Authorities need to maintain a portfolio of projects (Portfolio Management) that reflect their underlying business objectives, deliver quantified business benefit and optimise the use of available resources. Meritec can provide valuable experience in all aspects of Project Management both at the project and the enterprise level. Our services are delivered by PRINCE 2 qualified experts and include:-
- Best Practice Implementation – We can assist your Local Authority with the introduction of best practice principles such as Portfolio Management, methodology (including PRINCE 2), project office etc. We can even measure your Authority’s project management capability and maturity level, which provides a quantitative measurement of the strengths and weaknesses. Where appropriate we can offer a skills transfer service where Authority resources work alongside the Meritec consultants to increase the Council’s in-house capabilities. Meritec provide services to Local Authorities throughout the UK and can consequently be of assistance to Councils regardless of geographic location
- Project Delivery – We can provide the services of a Project Consultant to manage projects on your behalf or to undertake key aspects such as Project Definition, Risk Management etc
- Project Assessment – We can assess your project(s) either as a one off exercise or as part of a continuous process to provide an impartial expert’s view of the performance of the project. We can also audit projects for compliance against PRINCE 2 and ther methodologies or standards
- Package Selection, Procurement and Implementation – We can assist in every stage of the project lifecycle from conception to implementation and have developed an approach specifically designed to address the challenges of package implementations.
- Implementation Support – Meritec has staff with many years experience at handling implementation of projects such as: New hardware and software solutions, Local Government re-organisation, Implementation of Housing/Council Tax Benefit, Council Tax and NNDR systems.
- Migration Services / Upgrade Support – Meritec can assist you in managing the risk intensive process of migrating existing data to new systems, with our experience and knowledge encapsulating numerous migrations from and to varying systems.